Circular Economy Think Tank #2: Textiles and Clothing
About this Event
This interactive event will bring together stakeholders from Southern Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils (SSROC), UNSW, the design, manufacturing, resource recovery and charity sectors to explore opportunities to recover more textiles from the domestic waste stream.
This is the second of three think sessions being held. See this video highlight below from session one as as this report from session one.
Hosted by SSROC, in conjunction with UNSW Sydney and NSW Circular, the session will look at:
- Ways to reduce the amount of textiles going into red waste and yellow recycling bins.
- Innovative ways to reclaim and repurpose unwanted textiles.
- Professor Veena Sahajwalla – Director, NSW Circular and Director, UNSW SMaRT Centre
- Graham Ross – Founder, Blocktexx, a company that recovers polyester and cellulose from textiles and clothing
- Camille Reed – Founder, Australasian Circular Textile Association (ACTA) and The Australian Circular Fashion Conference (ACFC)
- Omer Soker – CEO, National Association of Charitable Recycling Organisations (NACRO).
The Circular Economy Think Tank #2: Textiles and Clothing
Date: Tuesday 26 November 2019
Time: 10am to 2pm
Venue: UNSW CBD Campus, 1 O’Connell Street, Sydney
Registration: by invitation only